Think Creatively for Student Employees
As more departments reduce their services and/or deliver them remotely, our most vulnerable student employees could be disproportionately impacted.
The Internship and Career Center Can Help
The ICC is available to brainstorm ideas for work and projects that can keep your students productively working during suspended operations:
- Call 530-752-2855
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For many students, part-time employment is vital to their ability to persist in their studies and pay for essentials such as food and rent.
While Paid Administrative Leave is available to student employees, we encourage you to think creatively about project work and other tasks that students can still perform remotely in support of your department’s business needs.
Some potential projects you might consider for students:
- Audit department website for broken links and content to update
- Review and update departmental documents, like student staff training guides
- Research best practices, web resources, etc. from other educational or similar institutions for ongoing/upcoming projects
The Internship and Career Center can also help by:
- Assisting students looking for immediate employment, internships or career positions
- Offering remote advising appointments that students can register for via Handshake
Again, thank you for all you’re doing to support students, patients, customers and your colleagues.
- Marcie Kirk Holland
Internship and Career Center
- Christine Lovely
Chief Human Resources Officer
Associate Vice Chancellor, Human Resources