Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to maximize the comprehensive health benefits available to you as a UC employee.
UC Davis Benefits is here to help you understand your options, so you can make the best choices for you and your family.
- Open Enrollment changes will be effective Jan. 1, 2021.
- UC health plans will be Open for Enrollment from 8 a.m. on Oct. 29, until 5 p.m. on Nov. 24.
- Open Enrollment does not apply to individuals enrolled in the SOM/SVM Interns & Residents benefits programs or students enrolled in SHIP.
- Postdoc Benefits Open Enrollment information available through Gallagher
Take Action During Open Enrollment
- ENROLL IN or OPT OUT of UC sponsored medical, vision, dental and/or legal plans
- TRANSFER to a different medical or dental plan
- ADD or REMOVE eligible family members to/from your medical, dental, vision and/or legal plans
- ENROLL or REENROLL in the Health FSA and/or Dependent Care FSA. Please note: if you are enrolling in the UC Health Savings Plan, you may not enroll in the Health FSA for 2021.
The UC Blue & Gold HMO rates on the UCnet website and included in the UC Open Enrollment brochure mailed to your residence, are NOT the rates for UC Davis and ANR employees. A black-and-white insert in the mailing DOES contain the correct rates.
Read the Plans Available to You
The UC Office of the President has published medical plan details on its UCNet Open Enrollment Page
The webpage also includes details for:
- Supplemental Health
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Pet Insurance
Comparing Medical Plans
- Medical Plan Comparison Spreadsheets - Which medical plan is right for you?
- Regional Medical Plan Availability - Where you live and/or work can limit which medical plans will best serve you. The 2021 UC Medical Plan Availability Tool [Excel] allows you to search for HMO plans available through UC, by CA ZIP code and county.
- Local Medical Provider Availability by Plan - More On UC Medical Plans [PDF]