Our goal at both UC Davis and UC Davis Health is to compensate our hard-working staff with comparable market salaries.
Compensation Services reviews position description classifications to ensure that each employee is appropriately compensated for the work they perform. We also establish and maintain guidelines that are used in tandem with the classification specifications to define and clarify compensable factors. To view our guidelines, please choose from the list below:
- "_____" Assistant IV Supplemental Guidelines
- Acting and Interim Appointment Guidelines
- Administrative Specialist Guidelines
- Animal Health Technician III Guidelines
- Lead Worker Guidelines
- Salary Administration Policies/Guidelines
- Senior Mail Processor Supplemental Guidelines
- Staff Research Associates Guidelines
- Supervisor Guidelines
- UC Davis Classification Review Guideline April 2010
Classification Analysis is a systematic process for obtaining important and relevant information about each distinct role played by one or more positions within an organizational unit. This information is used during the classification/reclassification process. This includes evaluating the duties and responsibilities of the job or role within the organization and comparing jobs on a whole-job basis by comparing them with predefined class specifications that are established for a series of job classes. Positions are placed in the classification that most closely fits the matching class specification.
A classification analysis is triggered in the following instances:
- When a department receives funding in order to create a new position. The duties and responsibilities that are part of this new position are reviewed by a compensation analyst and are matched to the job specification that the position most closely matches.
- When the duties and responsibilities for a position change significantly because of changes in a department's organizational structure and business requirements.
- When a supervisor requests that a position be reviewed for update purposes.
- When an employee requests that their position be reviewed for proper classification.