Need assistance? Apply here.
Applications are temporarily paused while we raise additional funds.
To legally provide charitable funds to individuals via employer-sponsored channels, recipients of the grants must be selected based on determination of an objective financial need. The confidential evaluation committee will determine if applicants lack the means to maintain their basic needs, specifically:
- Is there sufficient evidence of a financial hardship?
- Is there a qualifying event/circumstance?
- Applicant must be a career or contract staff employee at UC Davis or UC Davis Health.
- Applicant has worked for at least 6 months at 50% time or greater.
- Applicant may only receive one award in a rolling 12-month period.
- Only one application per family will be reviewed. For example, if two members of the immediate family both work for UC Davis Health, only one can submit an application for assistance.
- Supporting documentation must be submitted with the application. Read more below.
- Recipients must provide specific documentation (e.g., invoices, receipts), substantiating need for funds and how the funds were used.
- Funds cannot be requested for anticipated future events.
- A close relative is defined as a partner, child, parent, sibling, or grandparent. Other relatives will be considered is a pattern of dependent care is established.
- Grants will only be offered if funds are available.
Evaluating Applications & Criteria
To legally provide charitable funds to individuals via employer-sponsored channels, recipients of the grants must be selected based on determination of an objective financial need.
The confidential evaluation committee will determine if the applicant lacks the means to maintain their basic needs, specifically:
1. Is there sufficient evidence of a financial hardship?
2. Is there a qualifying event/circumstance?
Qualifying Event + Demonstrated Hardship = Qualified Need
- Who decides if a grant will be provided?
- The confidential committee appointed by the Chief Human Resources Officer will review all applications for compliance to program guidelines.
- Is there a limit on the amount of grants?
- Employees may receive no more than $1,000 in a rolling 12-month period.
Funds are limited to the amount of money available.
- Can student employees apply for these grants?
- Student employees are not eligible for these funds.
- How long will this fund be available?
- The fund will remain available to employees as long as there is money in the fund.