Listed below is a variety of child care financial assistance resources for parents offered both through UC Davis and local community organizations.
UC Davis Financial Aid:
- The Student Parent Child Care Grant (housed here in WorkLife) is processed through the Financial Aid office.
- Students attending a UC who have dependent children under the age of 18, and are receiving more than half of their support from you, may be eligible to receive an access award of up to $6,000 at webgrants4students.org from the California Student Aid Commission.
- The Financial Aid Office offers loans to help student who have dependent children and related child care expenses through an Alternative Budget Request. This request increases the student's budget to cover additional family expense. The increased budget will be met by loan if eligible. Applicants who are married, or with dependent children age 18 and under, should submit an Alternative Budget Request Form. The form is available online for undergraduate or graduate students. Professional Students should contact their respective Financial Aid Office.
Professional School Financial Aid
- UC Davis Law School Financial Aid and Scholarship:
- Graduate School of Management Financial Aid and Scholarship
- Veterinary Medicine Financial Aid and Scholarship
- Contact: Tina Maher, School of Vet Med Student Programs: email@example.com
Financial Assistance for Employees
Visit UC Net for programs and resources
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- What to do if you're having a baby
- Family and medical leave
- Preferred Enrollment and Discounts through the Care Advantage Program
Additional Local Funding Resources:
Yolo County Child Care Subsidy Program
There is a priority for children who have open Child Welfare cases or are at risk of abuse or neglect. All other families are enrolled based on income and family size. Parents must be employed, in school, seeking employment, homeless, or referred by a health professional as medically incapacitated to be eligible for the program. In addition, families must live, work, or use care in Yolo County.
- Contact: 530-645-6266 | CHSYoloCounty@chs-ca.org.
Davis Joint Unified School District Free Pre-school Program
The DJUSD California State Preschool Program services are available to income-eligible families who reside in Yolo County. Free to income qualified families!
Soroptimist Live Your Dream Grant Sacramento North Chapter
The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards assist women in school who provide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects. Eligible applicants must be women who provide the primary financial support for their families, and who are enrolled in or have been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
Families on CalWORKs will need to work with their Yolo County Department of Employment & Social Services worker and Child Action Inc.
- Address: 9812 Old Winery Place, Suite 21, Sacramento, CA 95827
- Phone: 916-369-0191
Offers free or low cost tuition, full-day and year round preschool for 3-5 year old children. The program is state funded and offers highly qualified teachers with BA degrees. Nutritious, healthy meals included.
- Address: 2550 Alhambra Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95817