UC Davis offers lactation consultants to help manage breastfeeding issues and complications associated with lactation
What can we talk about during a consultation?
Consults provide best-practice education, training and assistance regarding how to breastfeed; address clinical management of lactation or breastfeeding problems; and/or, provide positive reinforcement to assist in reaching personal breastfeeding goals.
Davis Campus Location:
Due to COVID-19, most consults are via phone or email. Please email Becca directly to talk about your individual questions, and to determine the best way to meet your needs.
Becca McCarthy, IBCLC
Becca is an Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant with the International Lactation Consultant Association, a worldwide network of lactation professionals. She provides private lactation consults on lactation, breastfeeding and returning to work/school, education & support, and provides program development & evaluation for the UC Davis Lactation Support Program on the Davis campus.
- Phone and zoom options available, please contact Becca directly at email@example.com
- Private consults are currently taking place by phone or virtually and are available Tuesdays 10:00 am - 12:30 pm and Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 am to noon. Consults can be arranged at other times if these hours do not work for you. The best way to reach Becca is via email firstname.lastname@example.org and she will try to respond within 24 hours.
Please note, those with Sacramento "B" parking permits must obtain a virtual parking permit for use on the Davis Campus:
- Go to website: https://health.ucdavis.edu/parking/online/
- Under Demonstration Videos, click on the “How to obtain a Notice of Virtual Parking Permit (Davis Campus)”.
- Print your permit
- Place your permit on the dash of your car when you park here on the Davis campus
- You may park in any of the A lots on the Davis campus
- This permit is good for 7 days from printout.
- Becca provides individual consultations with UC Davis Health employees as needed, please email Becca directly
- For Sacramento-based members with time sensitive concerns, you may also contact the hospital Lactation Consultant who partner with the Lactation Support Program. Lactation Consultants are available 7 days a week at UCD Main Hospital in Sacramento.
Contact: | Tower 3 at 916-734-2866, please leave a message for the Lactation Consultant of the day. The following LCs are the inpatient Lactation Consultants. For outpatient support, see below.
Katte Smith, IBCLC email@example.com
Carina Bassin, IBCLC firstname.lastname@example.org
Viktoria Biletsky email@example.com
UC Davis Health Outpatient Lactation Consultant
Jessica Hopp, IBCLC firstname.lastname@example.org 916-734-6921